Come to Seraya Island and spend some wonderful days in an unspoiled, tranquil environment away from Kuta’s hassle and bustle and enjoy the beauty of white sandy beaches, blue waters, and exotic coral life.
Seraya Island (official name: Seraya Kecil) is about 1,3 km long and up to 200 m wide and is situated about 10 km north of Labuan Bajo at the western end of the island of FLORES, Indonesia.
When an area’s primary inhabitant is the world’s largest monitor lizard that is touted as the dinosaur’s last descendent, you know that this must be a very unique destination indeed. Rugged and remote, to say the least, with untouched natural beauty that belies its picture postcard image. For intrepid adventure travelers who are game for a true Robinson Crusoe-like experience, this setting can be enjoyed even further with a stay in traditional thatch-roof huts that sit on the beachfront.
Welcome to your own paradise isle: Seraya Island, just off of the famed Komodo Island, east of Bali, Indonesia. A true escape from the ordinary!
Enjoy activities like swimming, snorkeling, fishing (we provide the equipment) and canoeing around the island or rent our motorized boat and be your own captain to discover the uninhabited surrounding islands. (You will be given a crash course on how to operate the boat. It is easy).
To see the famous Komodo dragon is a must. We organize boat trips to Rinca or Komodo. There are dragons on both islands.
* Excellent beach, calm water, outstanding swimming and snorkeling
* Basic bungalow accommodation available
* Beach restaurant serving local food and drinks
* A small fishermen village is located on the southern tip of the island provides a chance to view the bagan style of traditional fishing from bamboo structures erected over the open sea
How to get there:
* Distance from Labuan Bajo to Seraya Island is 10 km
* Only 50 minutes by .local boat from Labuan Bajo
* Please note that for Seraya Hotel guests the boat transfer is not normally included in the accommodation package. Please check on sea transport arrangements when booking
* Charter boats;
Facilities on Seraya Island:
* Basic Bungalow accommodation
* Beach restaurant serving local food and drink
* Small fishermen’s village located on the southern tip of the island
* Good ocean vistas – the island’s highest point is 42 m above sea level
How to get there:
The best and easiest way is by air. There are flights from Denpasar/Bali to Labuan Bajo every day.
The route is operated by Trans Nusa and Batavia Air.
The airlines have offices in the domestic arrival building at Intern. Airport in Denpasar/Bali.
PELNI is the state passenger line inside Indonesia. There is a connection between Bali and Labuan Bajo twice a month. The office is in Kuta on Jl. Raya Tuban.
From January 1st until March 1st the island might be closed for two weeks in case there is bad weather. Should you plan a visit during this time please contact us for confirmation.
High season is in July and August.
Bali and Flores are 6/7 hours ahead of Central European summer/winter time.